I met an interesting person during my recent travel. Well-educated, well-travelled, and articulate, he was as opinionated as anyone who had seen a lot in his lifetime. What struck me most though was his insistence that he was just a simple man. It would have been easier to believe him but from what I have understood from his stories, he is anything but a simple man. At one time, I responded that being simple is a relative thing and life is really not simple but complicated.
Most people would have preferred a simple life and would have done a lot of things to keep it that way. From time to time, success on this could be attained but not always. What I have learned through life though that while we strive to make things simple, life do not offer much on simple things and simple needs. There will always be complications and entanglements that come along with people and events. What is most important then is to take things as they come, act or decide for the best for everything or everyone and try not to step on others’ toes along the way.
Easier said than done but nobody said there is harm in trying.
1. Oh, that _was really difficult to understand why do we have to travel back to Manila again_.
2. It's a sure sign of _distrust_ when _all the documents were already complete.
3. Are we having _to bring some more documents again??!.
4. My heart _goes to people who have tried everything but remained out of luck_.
5. Do you believe in _karma? I _definitely do!
6. I'm at a lost if I should buy another bag or not.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _sorting and planning my travel wardrobe, tomorrow my plans include _looking for a pair of boots_ and Sunday, I want to _play tennis but not sure if I could do so!
2. _Old Filipino native clothes are something that always makes me think of my ancestors.
3. To ensure _getting a Spanish visa, make sure all your hotel and transportation bookings are confirmed and supported by documents_.
4. _Traveling_ is a fine thing. I really love it.
5. It's never too late to _choose your own destiny_.
6. _I wrote my to do list_ on the back of an old receipt.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _just lay back and relax_, tomorrow my plans include _paying my bills and doing the groceries_ and Sunday, I want to _take photos of the triathlon event with my photographer-friends__!
2. _Have a good weekend!_ is the last thing I overheard someone say.
3. I found a recipe for _a blueberry cheesecake_ and it really tasted good!
4. I'm looking forward _to an exciting European trip_.
5. Right now _I want to enjoy my weekend.
6. _His naughtiness_ makes me smile!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _watching the movie, Resident Evil: Retribution, tomorrow my plans include _paying my bills, watching the movie, The Mistress, finding a fun birthday and Sunday, I want to _play tennis to my heart’s content and prepare some important documents_!
For some people cruise holidays are a rare treat that they might not be able to enjoy every year or even every decade and so finding the right package at the right price is crucial. But equally if you are a regular cruise holidaymaker you will no doubt want to ensure that you grab yourself a bargain on a trip that you know will offer value for money as well as a world of wonderful experiences.
Whatever your experience and whatever you have in mind for the coming months, it is worth putting some thought into how you might approach your next Cruise Sale. A cruise sale shouldn't be confused with a cruise sail, this hasn't much to do with nautical propulsion, this is all about bargains and sun-drenched holidays that tick all your boxes. Essentially it is about picking up the most significantly discounted cruise holiday packages as they are made available at almost the last minute by top quality tour providers via the Thomas Cook website. The company has links with just about every provider of high quality cruise holidays available to UK consumers and there are deals offered at extraordinarily low prices at various times of the year. Right now for example you should be able to pick up the last remaining bargains on tours scheduled to take place in the final few months of 2012. So you could find and book your next P&O cruise in no time and be setting off in a matter of weeks. In terms of the potential destinations the list is virtually endless but you perhaps shouldn't worry too much about that simply because every quality cruise company worth its salt ensures that every location on its itinerary is eminently worth a visit.
1. You don't have to be here with us and then, having such bad attitude.
2. But it's the circumstance you are in right now and you have to suck it in.
3. Basically, you are free to go but you chose to stay.
4. How I interpret it is that you stay, you behave.
5. In this way, we could try to tolerate and to respect each other in one roof.
6. I believe that you need to go, find your own place to live as you have already overstayed or abused your stay.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching TV and updating my blogs, tomorrow my plans include finding somebody who could put up metal grills over my windows and and Sunday, I want to play tennis!
Summer is rife with festivals, dotted all over the UK. Whatever your music genre of choice, you can be guaranteed to find a weekend that suits. When it comes to festivals offering heavier sounds for the headbangers amongst you, there’s several on English soil that continually prove to be popular.
Next year, instead of staying close to home, how about planning a holiday around a festival abroad? You can find a myriad of festivals all over Europe to suit your requirements, many of which aren’t too far from a beach club holiday to enjoy after the music is over. Head further towards Eastern Europe and you can enjoy group activity holidays with your friends when you’re all moshed out.
1. Metalcamp Set in the picturesque mountains of Slovenia, Metalcamp is one for the die hard rockers who also enjoy the outdoors. From 2013, the festival will be known as MetalDays but will still retain its attractive setting. When the music fades, explore the mountains, float down the crystal clear river or explore the Tolmin Gorges and a huge number of other thrilling activities.
2. Wacken An annual music festival in the town of Wacken, Germany, Wacken Open Air showcases metal music across most genres to some of the most avid music fans in Europe. Often selling out months before the festival kicks off, Wacken is only an hour from the principal city of Hamburg which makes an ideal stop off to make your visit to Germany that little bit longer . 3. Graspop This fantastic festival in Belgium is well worth a trip. Reasonably affordable, easy to get to and a surefire way to appreciate great music next summer.
4. Hellfest The only problem with this festival in recent years is there’s literally too many bands to choose from. Make sure you make time for yourself at this French festival else you’ll be too tired to walk back to your car.
5. Rock am Ring Taking place at the Nurburgring racetrack in Germany, Rock am Ring (and the linked Rock im Park) are the largest music festivals in Germany. Offering rock music as well as metal, it’s a great festival as an introduction to what Europe has to offer.
Book a chill-out beach holiday to recover after your European festival experience or, if you’ve still got a thirst for adventure, a group activity holiday with friends is sure to be a blast.
The other day, a very sad news greeted us when we entered our gym. One of the gym instructors was held up and killed in the process. She was on an early morning duty and has just gotten out of her boarding house when she was held up. It was senseless and a waste of a life of a young women who held so much promise. I pray for the repose of her soul and I pray for her grieving family.
Just today, news broke out that one of the suspected killers of the gym instructor was killed while trying to escape from the police. Two were arrested and one is still at large. It is a huge relief that somehow might have some justice but still, the life lost cannot be returned.
My prayer is that these senseless killings be stopped and the people who make the world a dangerous place to live in dwindle in numbers.
Thank goodness, my mother is aging gracefully. Her active lifestyle is helping her a lot along with a strong support system. It also helped that she takes care of herself always. My constant prayer is that she will stay healthy and younger-looking always.
It used to be that I would watch my mother and her sisters try out every cream, lotion and anti-aging natural product they could get their hands on just so that they could arrest the wrinkles and sagging skin that have been creeping in through the years. Amused and thinking that what they were doing were expensive and just a waste of time, I never participated much about their constant discussion about those things. In fact, I used to complain whenever my mother tried her best to convince me to try some new make-up and to do better with my hair care. If I listened to her then, I might still have the thick, lustrous hair I had in my younger years.
Looking back now, they must have done something right about all those discussions and endless hours spent of beauty sessions because they all look beautiful and younger-looking despite their senior citizen ages. And wiser now, I tend to listen more carefully to what they have to say about beauty and anti-aging tips.
They were there to dance but while waiting for their turn to do it, they gamely posed for photographers. This was taken during the Kadayawan Opening Ceremonies last August 3 at People's Park, Davao City.
Funds are tight for everyone at the moment, and you may be wondering whether you can afford an annual holiday this year or next. Fear not, there are several way to bag your perfect cheap holiday, so get crafty and employ one of the following methods of getting a bargain:
Book Last Minute
If you’re happy to book it, pack it and jet off then last minute holiday deals will suit you down to the ground. Perfectly suited to those that don’t need their holiday booked and sorted months in advance, searching for last minute breaks can throw up some real bargains.
Going last minute is also best suited for those prepared to be flexible with their choices of destination, hotel, flight times etc, so if you’re not that fussed where you fly to, this could be the ideal option for you.
Go All Inclusive
All inclusive holiday deals represent great value for money, and are perfect for those who like everything budgeted for in advance. Typically including meals, drinks and activities, choosing all inclusive packages means that there’s no need to worry about saving up much in the way of holiday spends.
Be an Early Bird
Sometimes, when it comes to finding a cheap holiday, the early bird really does catch the worm. Early bird offers for 2013 can include free child places, special discounts and low deposits, so you can get your dream holiday for less and spread out the remaining cost as much as possible.
Be clever when booking your holiday and there’s no need for you and your family to miss out on quality time in the sun. While funds may be tight, low cost holiday deals mean that there’s a holiday to suit every budget – it’s just a matter of finding the right money-saving option for you.
The floods on TV are getting me depressed. I already stopped watching news on TV. The overload work is stressing me out. I have been trying to check out our old clothes and other items that could be donated but all I could think of are the faces of the flood victims. This country always had floods during rainy season. It is a vicious cycle. I want to go on a holiday just to relax a bit but with these relentless rains, there is nowhere to go but abroad. Maybe, if I start saving and disciplining myself more. The thought could become real.
When you are just starting out or raising a family time and money can be tight so when it comes to home décor you want to stick to the basics. Naturally you want your home to be as safe, comfortable and attractive as possible so you think carefully about each and every item you buy, especially things like baby blankets and bedding. You may even go online to various blogs and review sites to learn about what’s best for your family and why.
You might be surprised to learn that when you are looking for something as basic as shower curtain hooks and rods you can still do a lot of research in advance to make sure what you are buying is right for you in every possible way. Take a look online at the websites of the stores you normally visit to shop for bed and bath items and then look for the item you seek such as a curved shower curtain rod. Not only will you find a good selection at the click of the mouse, you will find reviews written by people just like you who have actually bought the item in question. They will tell you all kinds of thing both positive and negative which may help you to make a more informed purchase decision.
When you want basis you still want them to offer good value for the money and to perform as expected so it really does matter what other people have to say about the goods. The other great thing about browsing online is that you see solutions you may not have imagined or even knew existed. When you shop in a store it’s easy to be focused on only what you want and miss alternate possibilities plus you can be in a hurry and make a hasty purchase decision you will later regret.
I was talking to one of my friends this morning. He and his wife are planning to buy a house after renting for several years. Their initial plan was just to rent an apartment or an entire house but as their family grew, their priorities changed. He wanted to assume an existing housing loan but while some offers may seem quite good, I told him that it is always wiser to know first the background of the loan, the legalities involved and the catch that maybe lurking behind such a good offer.
We were discussing the advantages and the disadvantages of all his options. He was leaning into purchasing a house for his growing family but his finances are just not enough for him to get all what he wants and needs for his family. Somehow, something has to be sacrificed.
His wife would have preferred a newly constructed house but their budget could not allow it. Their first consideration is their budget and then, their preference for the purchase of the house. Next thing to do is to find good listings for houses for sale similar to the houses for sale in Colorado.
They have started checking some house listings and have also been inspecting some prospective houses. With their list of choices, the next thing they should do is the ocular inspections. They already checked the Denver luxury real estate lists and saw some good prospects. They have to consult their children first though.
In due time and with determination and patience, they might be able to buy what they prefer.